2009年9月29日星期二

Coloring images for children

This summer, I took an internship in Qingdao press, in the department of children's education, I helped to color the line drafts which were created by drawers.

Those three are of my favourate ones, I only did the coloring part.





There are certain rules for making illustrations for children, some of the widely accepted ones are, the characters should always look cute and friendly, with innocent gestures, big heads, delicate colors etc. They tend to use tiff format to make the coloring, and in CMYK color mode. They always adjust the color of the skin to the same color value, like C 15%, M 10%,Y 0%,k0%. I did lots of coloring and re-coloring work in three weeks time, and I learnt some techniques, also my memory of childhood has been awaken in the process of coloring. Also, I learnt that, there's a mass production running, so time is always limited, the persuation of quality is always ignored facing the huge tasks. Creativity is not very much encouraged in press, in this aspect, making our own children's books can be a good solution.

没有评论:

发表评论