2009年9月22日星期二

Chinese Posters



 

web:google books 

I came across this book in the store of tate modern gallery, and was fasinated by its content. I was surprised that there could be such a book in an outstanding gallery in UK, and it drew my attention on the relationship between politics and arts.

A strong relationship between the arts and politics, particularly between various kinds of art and power,occurs across historical epochs and cultures. As they respond to contemporaneous events and politics, the arts take on political as well as social dimensions, becoming themselves a focus of controversy and even a force of political as well as social change.

web: wikipedia

I'm particularly interested in the relationship between politics and arts in Beijing, because I've seen a lot in the modern art in Beijing, and I will do more research later on.

没有评论:

发表评论